Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Audacity of Hypocrites

I bet you thought I was going to say hope!? I could write on a new public servant that has betrayed the public trust just about everyday. Today I will try to sum up several in a short space since I quickly tire of babbling blowhards.
Kwame Kilpatrick, the mayor of Detroit for now, was asked to step down last night in a vote by the city council. His answer was an indignant NO. Barack Obama has stated that "words matter." I wonder if that same rule applies to text messages. That is how Kwame expressed his affection for his Chief of Staff over 800 times on a city issued mobile phone. They both swore under oath that there is no relationship. I guess it depends on what your definition of "is" is.

Next we have the newly appointed governor of New York, David Paterson. One day after taking the oath of office, he has admitted to affairs that included a "number of women." Among those was a state employee. His wife also had multiple affairs, but none of the couple's trysts involved state money. Eliot's episode was also paid for out of pocket.

Now to Obama. He tried to distance himself from Jeremiah Wright yesterday. Out of one side of his mouth he denounced the statements while saying his pastor was misunderstood and still a friend out of the other side. Still not enough distance, but enough that Hillary can slide in and steal this thing.

I will wrap up the all hypocrites hour with Ted Kennedy. Seems he likes to dump diesel into the Nantucket Sound. At least it's not a body in a river. Here's the link to read all about it.http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Kennedy_polluter/2008/03/14/80443.html?s=al&promo_code=473F-1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think these cheaters went to Bill Clinton University. Nuff said...