Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grant Line Elementary Will NOT Broadcast Obama

I had the chance this evening to talk with Mr. Lang, the principal at Grant Line Elementary where I have three students attending. He assured me that the school will not be showing the attempted indoctrination of our youth (my words, not his) next Tuesday. This came as a great relief to me as I was prepared to take a day off of work and keep my children home so they would not be exposed to this thinly veiled attempt at brainwashing.

Have you contacted your children's elementary school? You can opt out of this ridiculous show. You can and should stand up for your sovereign rights as the ultimate educator of your children.

5 comments:

Bob G. said...

Daniel:
Just can't stop thinking about that PINK FLOTD video:
"Just Another Brick In The Wall"

Makes a LOT more sense all of a sudden...wonder why?

Stay well.

Bob G. said...

(damn)..I meant PINK FLOYD!
(don't blame my education...blame my stupid hands...lol)

coachsullivan said...

That damn Obama and his thinly veiled attempts at brainwashing our nation's youth into staying in school, working hard at their studies, and respecting their teachers. How dare he!

Daniel Short said...

Hello coach. You are a little late to this debate, but we will roll with it anyway. As I have stated on other local blogs where this piece was posted, the language of the speech was dramatically changed. The language that I disagreed with was completely taken out. After reading the text of the speech, I let my children watch the speech. Grant Line actually gave teachers the option of showing it a day after it was given live.

coachsullivan said...

Can you point me in the direction of the original text of the speech? I'd like to compare the changes from the original to what was actually given. Not changes in the resource materials that were to be sent out to schools; I personally thought the wording in that needed revision. I'm interested in the speech itself.